Hi, guys! Welcome back to Blogmas. I hope you all are well! I’ve recently been nominated for three awards, which is insane. I still can’t believe a single person enjoys my blog let alone wants to give me an award. Thank you all for your support, it means so much to me. Anyway, onto the awards!
Blogger Recognition Award
I am nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Rachel (youngandkindareckless). She is such a sweet person and does some awesome writing, makes sure to check her blog out!
Write a blog post to show your award.
Thank the blogger that nominated you.
Tell your readers how your blog started.
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
Nominate other bloggers for the award.
How my blog started:
I’ve been nominated for this award before so I’ve already told the story of my blog, you can check it out here Blogger Recognition Award + Versatile Blogger Award.
Two pieces of advice:
We I first started blogging I read a lot of posts offering advice for new bloggers and this was almost always mentioned. I thought it was just “fluff” so to speak but this really is so important. Don’t try to be the blogger who you love, don’t try to be anyone else. Just stay true to yourself and your values. Don’t write about something you don’t care about, it will show.
Don’t worry about stats/popularity.
I get it, you get good stats and you feel so happy. You get bad ones and you feel discouraged. But please, do not worry about them. They are just numbers, and the numbers will come. You can’t expect 100 views in one day with 3 followers. It takes time to where you want or feel you need to be.
Also, don’t worry about being popular and having brands “knocking down your door”. I’ve been a blogger since July 31st and haven’t received a single penny or product and there are blogs with 1,000 followers that haven’t either. Blog because you want to, not because you want free products.
The Liebster Award
I am nominated for The Liebster Award by Ayesha from https://beaut806.wordpress.com/. She’s pretty new to blogger but has some lovely posts on her blog. Make sure to check her out and show her some love!
- Answer the 11 questions that you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you nominated them
Questions from Ayesha
What is the meaning of your name?
My blog is “emilyburnsmua blog” because my name is Emily Burns, I’m an MUA (makeup artist) and it’s a blog (I’m so smart). I’ve considered making it just “emilyburnsmua” but I plan to have something like emilyburnsmua pro when I start freelancing etc.
Who is your favorite beauty blogger of all time?
I have quite a few but I’m loving Tati Westbrook’s YouTube channel right now.
What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted an outlet for my passion for makeup. I want to inspire and help people learn more about it!
Do you like it so far? Your blogging experience?
I absolutely love it. It’s a lot of work but I’ve met amazing people through it. I’ve learned a ton, I feel like people enjoy what I post and learn a bit from it. It is a bit time consuming but otherwise I am completely in love with it.
What is your favorite season?
I feel like with climate change there is only one season, at least where I live. Maybe like one and a half. But I love fall.
What is your most essential makeup product, the one you always use?
Oh gosh, I use 50 products every time…. I don’t think I’ve ever done makeup without foundation. My skin is too uneven for it.
What is one thing in your life that you are always thankful for?
Having a nice place to live.
What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTMAS! Seriously, after Thanksgiving and till Christmas Eve my family should just ship me away. I am crazy about it. I harass my mom every day about opening a present early. I just love everything about Christmas.
What is your favorite tv show?
All time would be Ugly Betty. Right now I’m enjoying Riverdale, Greys Anatomy, Scandal and 90 Day Fiance, just to name a few.
What is your favorite food?
Chicken and pasta. It’s a dish my mom always makes, it has bow tie pasta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli and more. It’s the bomb dot com and she always makes it for my birthday.
Liquid lipsticks or solid?
I like both but I use solid more. More workable.
The Versatile Blogger Award
For this award, I am nominated by Charlie. She’s a lifestyle blogger and I absolutely love her blog, she’s doing Blogmas right now too! Make sure to check her blog out and show her some love 🙂
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Include a link to their blog
- Nominate bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself
- The top three things I would look for in a partner would be a sense of humor, consistency and someone that would go into happily Sephora with me and let me swatch on their arm. Now, thats true love haha.
- I may have mentioned this before but I really want to go to school for esthetics. I have a school picked out and I would do absolutely anything to attend. Its the only school in the region that offers makeup training. I haven’t taken a tour yet but I’m pretty sure its the one.
- I was in speech therapy for about 5 years during the school year. I had trouble with pronating and my tongue was long (how attractive). I went twice a week and now my speech is pretty good
- Before I know you could be a makeup artist, I wanted to go into cosmetology and be a colorist. God forbid if I was unable to do makeup I would probably persue that.
- In another world, if I wasn’t a makeup artist I would be in some field of psychology or culinary.
- I love the card games spades – if you aren’t familiar with the game this won’t make sense but I once went Nil 200 and I am so proud of that! Might have to put it on my resume 😉
- I really dislike sci-fi movies/tv shows etc. For me, they are hard to follow and I just can’t get into them.
Questions for nominees:
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
What’s the last photograph you took?
What would be the title of your autobiography?
Where did you grow up?
Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
What is your most and least favorite thing about yourself?
Do you like your handwriting?
Least favorite color?
Who should everyone be following right now?
Thanks again to everyone who nominated me! 🙂
Disclaimer: I do not own the images.