Hi, guys! Over the past month or so I’ve been nominated for a few awards (eeek!). I love reading peoples award and I’m always surprised if I see myself nominated. It means a lot to me and I really appreciate it, so thank you to everyone who nominated me!
This is also my 100th post. I’ve been blogging for a few months now and I never thought in this amount of time I would have had so many followers and this many posts. I’m so happy with how far my blog has come and I can’t wait to see where it’s going! Thank you to everyone who has followed me, enjoyed my content, taken the time to like or comment, it means everything to me and I’m so thankful for you. Thank you for your support. Here’s to the next 100 🙂
Brotherhood Of The World Award
I’ve been nominated for the Brotherhood Of The World Award by Aditi (Dreamy Reads) and Sophie (Pretty Little Blog Posts). They both have lovely blogs so make sure to check them out! Thank you guys for the nomination 🙂
Rules of the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Write a list of questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Briefly explain your blogging style (where your favorite blogging spot/tools – as in, on the couch using your smartphone or something).
I always sit at the dining room table and write on my laptop. Sometimes I write from my couch but I prefer the table.
2. How do you manage your blogging time including blog reading time?
Oh my gosh, no one tells you how time-consuming it is to keep up with other blogs! I like to read other blogs before I go to bed or when I wake up in the morning, it just depends on when I have the time. I need to get better at it, I’m about a day behind on reading posts right now.
As far as my blogging time, I always write in the morning. I write from about 9am-1pm and can usually write one post or at least half of one. I try to post one or two makeup tutorials a week, I always do my makeup in the evenings for that.
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
emilyburnsmua blog – My name is Emily Burns, I’m a makeup artist (MUA) and it’s a blog (I’m so smart.)! I wanted to come up with something else at first but now I think it has a ring to it and I really like it. I would have named it ’emilyburnsmua’ but I added ‘blog’ because I want to have a professional website ’emilyburnsmua pro’ for my portfolio, bookings, etc.
4. What keeps you blogging?
Passion and love for makeup.
5. What would you do if I grant you a wish?
I’d give you a hug! Then ask for makeup 😉
1. If you could be any animals what would you be and why?
I’d be a poodle because I love poodles!
2. What do you write your blog posts on? ex; phone, tablet, laptop?
Laptop! Sometimes I’ll write notes on my phone.
3. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
To travel. I’d love to travel around the US, Italy, France, the UK and more.
4. Do you have any celebrities you look up to? If so why?
Blake Lively and Gal Gadot. They are both so lovely, kind and do the right thing.
5. Are you a morning person?
I can be but usually no.
6. What’s your favorite tv series or movie?
All time for TV would be Ugly Betty, but right now I’m loving Married At First Sight and Grey’s Anatomy.
7. If you could recommend any food right now what would it be?
I’d recommend a restaurant, Margarita’s. They have a few locations around Kansas/Missouri and they have amazing Mexican food!
8. If you could travel to the future or back to the past which would you pick and why?
Future, because I always look forward to it.
Questions are at the end of the post!
Sunshine Blogger Award
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Liz (Dear Blog, … Love, Liz). I absolutely love her blog and I can’t recommend it enough! She’s such a lovely person so make sure to check out her blog and her award. Thank you, Liz!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Favorite movie?
You’ve Got Mail or La La Land.
2. Favorite song?
I don’t really have a favorite song but I love Drops of Jupiter by Train.
3. Favorite book?
I really enjoyed Looking for Alaska by John Green.
4. Favorite recipe? (Share a link if it’s available online!)
I love this question! I have a lot that I love but lately, I’ve really enjoyed Swedish meatballs over pasta/rice.
Follow the meaballs from this recipe Swedish Meatball Recipe by Tasty
*I skip on the onion and use 90/10 ground beef.*
1lb fettuccine pasta or other pasta. Minute Rice (3 cups water, 3 cups rice) works well too.
21oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
¾ cup beef broth
1 ½ tbsp heavy whipping cream
Parsley flakes, salt, pepper, to taste.
Canned sliced mushrooms (drained) if desired.
Combine all meatball ingredients and form small balls. In a pan on medium heat, add about 2 tbsp of oil (I like olive.). Cook until brown on all sides and the meatballs are almost done. Set aside in a bowl, cover.
Boil water and cook the fettucini until al denta. Drain put to the side.
Over medium heat, add cream of mushroom soup and add water according to directions on the can. Whisk often. After a few minutes, add the heavy whipping cream, broth, parsley flakes, salt and pepper (canned, drained sliced mushrooms if desired.). Wait till warm then add meatballs. Bring to a simmer (takes about 5-10 minutes). In a large serving bowl, combine sauce and pasta, mix well. Serve with parm cheese and parsley flakes.
5. Favorite animal?
Poodles! My dog is a poodle and we’ve always had poodles.
6. Spirit animal?
According to this quiz, a deer.
7. Zodiac sign?
Pisces! I was born on March 1st
8. Eye color?
9. Celebrity crush?
Bradley Cooper, Harry Styles, Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds. If I can only say one then it’d be Harry.
10. Worst habit?
I overthink. At least I think I do.
11. You find a genie in a bottle that grants you three wishes. They are:
1. A house (paid in full) in the city I want to move to.
2. A Honda Accord or CR-V.
3. Tuition for the school I want to go to.
Questions are at the end of the post!
I was nominated for this award by the wonderful Jess! She has a wonderful blog about all things makeup and her reviews are great. Thank you, Jess! We also did a recent collab which you can view here, Collab: Five First Impressions!.
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated
1. How many countries have you visited and where were they? I’ve never been outside of the United States and I’ve only been to 4/50 states. I really want to travel/visit more around the states and travel outside the country in a few years.
2. What was the last film/movie you saw? Enchanted. Rewatched it for the 1,000th time, it’s one of my favorite movies
3. What is your favorite makeup brand? That’s so hard! Lately, I’ve been loving Kat Von D. All time favorite is probably tarte.
4. Do you have any tattoos, if so where and what are they? No, I don’t. I’ve wanted to get a butterfly on my wrist for years though, I have it designed and everything.
5. Warm tones or cool tones? Depends on the look but I’m a sucker for warm! I think cool tones are going to be more popular this year though, which I am excited about.
6. When did you start wearing makeup? Around 11. Blue eyeshadow 😉
7. Morning or night person? Eh, I can be either, but mostly night. But I love waking up earlier and having everything done by noon, you just have so much more time when you wake up early.
8. What is your favorite makeup product to buy? Eyeshadow, lipstick etc? I get most excited about eyeshadow palettes, but I love buying anything. I also really like to buy concealers.
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? That’s so hard! Probably tacos. You can put anything in a taco
10. What is your favorite social media site? I don’t like social media but probably Twitter. Everyone’s nicer and brands are much more interactive.
11. Nude or bold lipstick? I love both but nude is my go to.
Questions are at the end of the post!
The Blogger Recognition Award
I’ve been nominated for this by Life with Mrs T. She has a lovely beauty blog and her posts are wonderful, I always learn something. Thank you! I actually have been nominated for this before, so I’m only giving advice – you can check out my first Blogger Recognition Award here.
- Congratulations on your nomination! Write a post detailing everything about it.
- You need to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog in your post.
- Give your readers a brief history about this awesome award.
- New bloggers always love some good advice. Give them two of your best pieces of advice.
- Now for the fun part, select 10 other amazing bloggers to nominate.
- Last but not least, comment on everyone’s blog and give them a chance to hear about their nomination.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is an award that fosters the blogging community through connecting with each other and working together to grow our little patch of the internet. Since I started blogging I have discovered so many wonderful people and so many wonderful blogs through my journey and now it is time for me to share some of them with you.
Advice for bloggers starting out-
Plan, plan, and plan some more.
I think it’s best to plan at least a week of what you want to post. For example, if in that week you want to post 1 review, 1 makeup tutorial and 1 anti haul, plan out the step to do that, by day, a week ahead of time. Plan a day for photography, doing the makeup, trying the product for a few uses, etc. It makes everything so much easier. There are many aspects of blogging that you can plan but I think your schedule is the most important. On top of that, have a schedule and let people know when to expect a post from you.
Don’t worry about stats.
Work your hardest, do your best and don’t worry about stats. You aren’t going to get 10,00 followers in a month. You won’t get 500 views overnight. Stats come and go, they are very inconsistent and they can make you feel discouraged. Just don’t worry about them and do your best, the people/views will come in time.
I had to do an extra one, sorry! Use tags and categories. I had no idea what they are when I started blogging but they bring a lot of traffic to your site. For example, if you’re a beauty blogger, try tagging “bblog” “bblogger” “makeup” “lifestyle” “fashion” “beauty” “new blogger” “new blog”. If you’re writing a review on a tarte’s Shape Tape concealer try “shape tape” “review” “tarte” “tarte shape tape” “makeup review” “concealer” “concealer review”, you get the jest.
My Questions For All Nominees:
Since I’m nominating quite a few people for a few different awards, I’m going to do 10 questions for everyone.
What’s your favorite quote?
What’s your favorite dessert?
Are you right or left-handed?
Favorite recipe? (Share a link if it’s available online!)
What’s a goal you have for the future?
What TV show(s) are you loving right now?
What is your Zodiac sign?
What’s your favorite makeup product right now?
What is your favorite fast food place and what do you order?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you with your life right now?
Let’s get social!