Hi, guys! Welcome to today’s post. As you can probably tell from the title, today’s post is a tutorial for an emerald smoky eye. I am quite happy with how this look came it and it felt so perfect for a summer party, so I thought you guys would enjoy a tutorial on this look. This look has been inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest (click here to view). I’m not sure the name of the makeup artist/model but I was inspired by the look. Without further ado, here’s the tutorial!
1. Apply primer or concealer to your eyelid and brow bone.
2. Apply a matte light brown eyeshadow the crease, blend well and upward. This acts as a transition shade. Depending on your skin tone, a lighter brown or a darker brown might suit you better.
3. Apply a matte rich brown to the crease, blend well but do not blend above the light brown eyeshadow.
4. Apply the same matte rich brown to the outer corner/outer half of the eyelid.
5. Apply a shimmery or matte dark emerald eyeshadow to the inner half of the eyelid.
6. Apply a shimmery, lighter emerald eyeshadow over top of the emerald previously applied. Tip: Applying the eyeshadow with your finger or a concealer brush with setting spray will make the shadow more shimmery/pigmented.
7. Apply the gold shimmery eyeshadow to the inner corner, blend it very slightly into the green. It creates a light gradient, so the gold isn’t harsh.
8. Apply the rich dark brown and the shimmery light emerald to the lower lash line. Rich dark brown on the outer half, shimmery light emerald on the inner half. Apply black mascara to finish the eye look.
Foundation: L’Oréal – Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in 101 Classic Ivory.
Color Corrector: NYX Professional Makeup – Color Correcting Concealer in Pink.
Concealer: Catrice – Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 005.
Setting Powder: COVER FX – Perfect Setting Powder in Light Translucent.
Setting Spray: Urban Decay – All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
Matte light brown eyeshadow: Morphe – 35O2 Second Nature Eyeshadow Palette – Risky and Chestnut.
Matte rich dark brown eyeshadow: Morphe – 35O2 Second Nature Eyeshadow Palette in Rich.
Shimmery dark emerald eyeshadow: Makeup Revolution – Slogan Palette No Photos Please in Jealous of Sucess.
Shimmery light emerald eyeshadow: BH Cosmetics – Zodiac 25 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette in Sagittarius
Shimmery gold eyeshadow: BH Cosmetics – Zodiac 25 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette in Aquarius.
Brow gel: Ardell – Brow Gel Fiber in Medium Brown.
Waterline(r): Marc Jacobs Beauty – Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Earthquake.
Mascara: Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara in Blackest Black.
Lip Balm: Rosebud Perfume Co. – Rosebud Salve.
Liquid Lipstick: Too Faced – Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Queen B.
Bronzer: Physicians Formula – Butter Bronzer Murumuru Butter Bronzer in Bronzer.
Contour: Wet n Wild – MegaGlo Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche.
Highlight: Ofra Cosmetics – Nikkietutorials Everglow Highlighter in Shades 1 & 2 mixed.
My latest tutorial: Date Night Makeup Tutorial
That’s it for this tutorial! What do you think of the look? Is it something you would recreate? Let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading and have a great day!
Let’s get social!